Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blessed by March 1st.

Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone reads our blog anymore since we've been pretty dang lazy but I couldn't let this day go by and not mention a big milestone of tomorrow, March 1st.

Tomorrow marks 20 years that Joni and I have known each other and I thank God for her every day and that I met her. 20 years ago tomorrow is my original hire date at WordPerfect Corporation where Joni was already an employee and we met on my first day there. Little did I know at the time that she would be my life's partner, after a tumultuous 15 years of both of us reconciling how we felt and with our religion and sifting through a marriage and other relationships that weren't right for us. We've been through divorce, separation, deaths, and all the wonderful loving joys as well and we've come out on top.

I feel blessed every day that she is my partner. She is the one that loves me no matter what and encourages me to be the best I can be. I am the luckiest girl on the planet for the relationship she and I have today.

Joni, I love you so much and you are the one I want to grow old with, laugh with, and love the rest of my life. Thank you for always sticking by me and accepting me despite my short-comings. Happy 20th Anniversary tomorrow too. I look forward to the rest of our lives together.

3 comments:

J said...

Ditto

Heidi said...

Awwww mush! :0) Looking forward to spending more time with you guys when you get back to Utah to stay! :)

Lily said...

Great post. Love you both.